Monday, January 23, 2006

Japan (13) - The last pics

Well, the holiday is over. We got back from Japan last Saturday. Because of suddenly heavy snowing in Tokyo we left with a three and a half hour delay, but Sunday after reading the latest news on TV-text we realized that we had been very lucky. A few hours after we left most flights were canceled because of the winterweather and about 10.000 people had to spend the night at the airport.

Parts of Japan have been suffering from the most heavy winterweather in about 25 years. There were parts of Japan were they had more than three metres of snow, but those parts were still quite far away from Tokyo. During our stay in Tokyo it was only a bit chilly every now and then and we had one afternoon of rain, for the rest it was dry, sometimes a bit cloudy sometimes some sunshine, but basically pretty good weather. Anyway, we were glad we only had some delay and didn't got stucked at the airport.

Here are some of the last pics that were taken during our last night. Noriko and I went out to a Korean restaurant with some friends. The food was very nice and we had a good time. It was also nice to see some of Noriko's friends again. They are a nice group of people.
This was one of the dishes that I had. It's called bibimba (not sure about the spelling), a Korean ricedish. This one was very spicy (at my own request) and very yummy.
This was one of the dishes the others had. Forgot about the name, but it was also yummy.
This is the same dish after it boiled for a little while

Finally in my Japan (11)-post I wrote about the high-tech toilets in Japan. It seems that I'm in good company and I'm not the only one who appreciates the Japanese high-tech toilets.
Just check here, here and here.

Well from now on it's back to the daily routines sleep, work, eat and sleep again. Don't know yet about our next holiday. I won't be posting as much as I did from Japan, but I'll try to post at least once a week.

No comments: