Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Long time no pics

It's a long time since my last post. More than two weeks. I have been quite busy, both with work and in private. So I didn't took any pictures until last Saturday. From January 25th till February 5th the anual International Filmfestval of Rotterdam took place. I think I discovered this festival about 6 years ago. Since then I'm a regular visitor. The festival offers a wide range of international and some national independent movies. I don't know the exact number of films, but I think there were about 250 movies shown during the 12 days of the festival. One of the reasons I like the festival is that Asian movies often are well represented at the festival. My main interest are movies from Japan, China and South-Korea, but I also see movies from other countries occasionally. I have seen some real nice movies the past 6 years.

Last year I visited 17 movies in 9 days. Although there were plenty movies this year I would have liked to watch I took it easy this year. Basically because of my limited available time. I went to the festival on three days seeing a total of 8 movies.

For a short description of the movies I saw you can click on one of the following movie titles:
The following pics were taken in Rotterdam last Saturday around the square that forms the centre of the filmfestival. The square is surrounded by two theatres, one movie theatre with 7 or 8 moviescreens and many restaurants. There are also some nightshots.

No comments: