Friday, September 29, 2006

More Forts (7)

I'm still almost two weeks behind with my postings of the fortresses that we have visited the past few weeks. But I will catching up, finally. The Fortresses Month is coming to an end, so tomorrow is the last day that we can visit the fortresses that opened up for the public during this month. After tomorrow it will be all quiet on the fortresses front.

I'm planning two posts today. The first one will be with some pics from Fort "De Gagel" and the second post will be with pics from "Vesting Naarden", one of the best preserved fortified towns in Europe.

The first pic is a copied image from Google Earth. On this image you can see how the fortress looks from above with the moat and some of the bunkers. Google Earth is great. When I started to use it about 11 months ago there were still a lot of blur parts of Holland, but Holland is pretty much covered now.

There is not so much to tell about this fort. For some more information I refer to the URL. Nowadays part of the fort is used by a pigeon society and by radio amateurs.

No comments: