Sunday, June 25, 2006

Our trip to Paris (3)

Here is part two with some of our pics we took at Versailles. It will only give you a little bit of an impression. It's simply too big to give you a complete view. Anyway here are some of the pics. Other pics we took at Versailles I might post later on an online webalbum. If I do so I will post the URL to the webalbum.
This is the famous mirror hall. Unfortunately most of it was under construction due to some restoration work.
And this is the hall with paintings of famous battles on both sides. I wrote about it in my former post with the first picture of that post of Noriko and my mother in law.
These are more detailed shots of some of those battles.
And finally a few more outside pictures.Next time I'm planning to post pictures from Père Lachaise the famous cemetry.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Those pictures sure bring back memories. We were there about nine years ago. Unfortunately, we didn't get too spend too much time there. Isn't it beautiful?

Looks like you had a great time in Paris. I'm so jealous. I want to move back to Europe in the worst sort of way. My sister is actually thinking about moving to France; her husband has applied for a job there. We'll see what happens... If he gets the job, at least I can visit there.

Beautiful pictures, as always, Evert Jan. Miss you!