Tuesday, August 01, 2006

First anniversary

Today it's exactly one year ago that I started this photoweblog. No reasons for celebrations, but one year ago I didn't knew if I would manage to publish pictures on a regular basis. I'm now a little over 300 pictures further and I still like doing it, so I guess I will continue.

Anyway here are some pics from last Saturday when Noriko and I went to Fort Rijnauwen, just a few kilometres outside our hometown Utrecht and part of the Nieuwe Hollandse Waterlinie, a military line of defence that was build in the second half of the 19th century. For more information about the fortress that we visited and the "Waterlinie" you can check the added links.

The fortresses of the "Waterlinie" are not used anymore. Some of them are now nature resorts. Fort Rijnauwen is also a nature resort nowadays
and give shelter to some endangered rare plants and animals, like kingfishers, birds of prey like buzzards, grasssnakes, deer, bats etc....

You could only enter fortress and the surrounded area with a guided tour, which took two and a half hour. That might seem long but it was a nice and interesting tour, history wise, but nature wise it was also beautiful. We both enjoyed it a lot.

Here are some of the pics.

The view from one of the canon loopholes

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hé, gefeliciteerd met het 1-jarig bestaan! :-)

B_ForeverYoung said...

Dank je wel!

E.J.

Julie said...

More beautiful pictures, as always, Evert Jan. I never get tired of looking at them.

Anonymous said...

Dus je houd van vloeken? volgens Bert dan..

Vloek je maar gerust uit..

B_ForeverYoung said...

Hoezo volgens Bert?

Zoals gezegd verlaag ik me niet daartoe.

Leer eerst maar eens goed spellen en verdiep je wat meer in Nederlandse uitdrukkingen, voordat je me hier anoniem komt vervelen.