Wednesday, February 21, 2007

My latest aquisition

It's been awhile since my last post, so I thought I better post something. I haven't any pictures to share yet. Maybe I'll scan some older pictures later this weekend.

Anyway I want to show you my latest aquisition. I was planning to get a digital SLR-camera for quite some time, but I was waiting for a good offer. In December Nikon had an interesting offer. If you bought a Nikon D200 you would get a booklet with vouchers which gave you discount on many accessories, like lenses, software, flashlights etc.. The total discount that I would get on the accessories (which I already planned to purchase) was more than I would get if I waited if the D200 body maybe would drop a 50 to 100 Euro. So I decided to purchase the camera. I also bought a
AF-S VR 70-300 f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED lens and I have the AF-S VR 105 f/2.8G IF-ED in order at my local photoshop.

An important reason to get the D200 was that I already had some Nikon lenses which were given to me about 6 or 7 years ago by my mother in law from Japan together with a Nikon F3 HP. And I'm a Nikon-fan. I also joined Nikonians recently. Besides the Nikon F3 I was already using a Nikon Coolpix 5700 and a P2.

Some more info about the Nikon D200 can be found here on Wikipedia.

There is still a lot to learn and to discover about my new camera. Spring starts within a few weeks so I guess I will be out quite often taking pictures with my new
D200. If the results are satisfying I'm sure I will post them here.

No comments: